- Plan to arrive early - no later than 7:30 am. Parking will be in short supply, and you may have to walk a good ways to the building. Doors open at 7:15 am and school starts at 7:40.
- Be patient and flexible! Don't be surprised if there are still some kinks in the system.
- Don't forget to bring those school supplies that you may have forgotten. Teachers may also post a "wish list" during the first week of school for other items that didn't make the district list.
- Lunch menus and pricing info are available on this website under the "Parent Resources" tab. Monday's lunch consists of mac & cheese, hamburgers, chicken fajitas, rice & beans, peas and fruit & veggies. If you pack your child's lunch, include a love note.
- Be sure to LABEL your child's backpack and lunch box clearly! Every year, there are a few popular backpacks and lunch boxes, and it's very easy to take the wrong one home. My son's Transformers lunch box lasted three days last year without a label. Oy!
- Pick out your child's clothing the night before.
- Prepare a hearty breakfast.
- Walk into the classroom, greet the teacher, and reintroduce your child to the teacher.
- Point out your child's cubby, hook and the nearest restroom.
- Most importantly, be sure to start their day on a positive note by giving them some encouraging words, a hug, a thumbs up or a high five.
There are other great resources, checklists and advice columns located under the "Parent Resources" tab. Click on the "BTS Resources and Advice for Parents" link for more info.
BVES PTA President